Our Touch Typing Course is very flexible and can fit around a wide range of schedules and requirements. It offers those taking the Duke of Edinburgh Award, the ability to gain a new skill. On completion of the training and providing evidence that you have improved your typing speed, we will certify that you have gained a new skills in accordance with the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
It is delivered on an interactive system. It teaches you the method of typing and offers many practical exercise. The system is ideal for building up your typing in speed and accuracy.
Duke of Edinburgh Touch Typing Course
- Basic techniques and methodologies of touch typing
- Learning to touch type without looking at your keyboard
- Slowly develop the positioning of your hands to touch type
- Exercises to train each finger to move correctly to gain accuracy and speed
- Improving accuracy by memorising your keyboard
- Improving your speed by correct positioning of hands and fingers
- Touch Typing exercises
- Important keyboard skills & functions to improve speed
- Getting rid of bad habits and practices
- You will receive access to a typing programme that you can use at home to keep practicing and building your typing speed
Our programme is available for you to use and practice for year from the date that you commence.
Provided that you regularly practice and spend time learning the techniques, you will see improvements in the speed of your typing and keyboard skills.
- Gain a life skill that will benefit you in your studies.
- Typing skills will benefit you in your GCSEs, A-Levels, University and also at work
- The certificate can actually be used later on your CV to get a job.
- It is easier to develop this skill when you are younger.
- You gain a new skill per the requirements of the Duke of Edinburgh Award.